Pharmacology of Multiorgan Diseases.
This course will present the key topics and drug families covered in the regular medical pharmacology course in a condensed, hopefully humorous. but intellectually stimulating way. The emphasis will be on processes rather than on individual drugs, especially those that could lead to inflammation in different organs and their treatment.
During the course there will be opportunity to address clinical trial dsign, the placebo effect and medical ethics.
Four rotations, each lasting ten weeks, through which students gain experience in different laboratories.
These rotations are designed to familiarize students with the methodology of modern pharmacological research. Program faculty.
A comprehensive survey of all the major classes of drugs, with particular emphasis on mechanisms of action. Offered each fall. Shader and program faculty.
Advanced Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology.
This course supplements the material covered in Medical Pharmacology and is taught concurrently with that course. Selected topics are discussed in detail, and students are trained to critically appraise current problems in drug design and development. Offered each fall. Shuster, Fahey, and program faculty.
Principles of Immunopharmacology
Appraisal of molecular mechanisms by which drugs can affect cellular processes underlying clinical syndromes such as hypersensitivity, rejection, autoimmunity, and neuroimmune disorders. Offered in alternate years. Theoharides and program faculty.
Autism Parenting Presentation
September 9, 2021
Autism Parenting Magazine is pleased to host Theoharis C. Theoharides, MS, MPhil, PhD, MD, FAAAAI, Professor of Pharmacology and Internal Medicine, Director of Molecular Immunopharmacology and Drug Discovery Department of Immunology, Tufts University School of Medicine,
Grand Rounds at MacMaster University - "Mast Cells:Beyond Histamine".
The event will at 12 Noon on a Free Zoom call.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 926 5244 8889
- • Australia Autism Lecture (April 24, 2015; Melbourne, Australia)
- • Boston Conservatory of Music (May 5, 2015; Boston, MA)
- • Autism Education Summit (September 26, 2015; Dallas, TX)
- • National Autism Association (October 15, 2015; St. Pete, FL)
- • Autism Research Institute (December 5, 2015; Boston, MA, 2015)
- • Cyprus Pediatric Association (February 14, 2016; Nicosia, CY)
- • TARF Think Tank (February 19, 2016; Boston, MA)
- • NCIMS (February 27, 2016;Greenboro, NC)
- • TACA Massachusetts (March 12, 2016; Watertown MA)
- • 11th PanHellenic Conference on Allergy & Clinical Immunology (April 16, 2016; Athens, Greece)
- • TACA Webinar (April 25, 2016; 1 pm)
- • All Childrens Hospital (April 1, 2016; St. Pete, FL)
- • TACA Philadelphia (May 7, 2016; Philadelphia, PA)
- • Autism One (May 27, 2016; Chicago, IL)
- • Autism One Think Tank (May 28, 2016; Chicago, IL)
- • EAAACI (June 7-11, 2017; Vienna, Austria)
- • Old North State Medical Society (June 23-25, 2016; Raleigh, NC)
- • FASEB Summer Research Conference in the long-running Neuroimmunology series entitled "Translational Neuroimmunology: From Mechanisms to Therapeutics" (July 24-29, 2016; Big Sky, MT)
- • 11th Annual USAAA World Autism and Asperger Conference (August 29, 2016; Louisville, KY)
- • MAPS Conference (September 9, 2016; Atlanta, GA)
- • The Mastocytosis Society (September 15-17, 2016; Orlando, FL)
- • International College of Geriatric Psychoneuropharmacology (ICGP) (October 7, 2016; Athens, Greece)
- • TACA National Conference (October 22, 2016; Costa Mesa, CA)
- • ILADS Annual meeting (November 4, 2016; Philadelphia, PA)
- • 37th UMEMPS (Union of Middle-Eastern and Mediterranean Pediatric Societies-Cyprus Pediatric Society (November 6, 2016; Limassol, Cyprus)
- • 1st International Conference on Autism (November 22, 2016; Paphos, Cyprus)
- • Nashville Support Group Meeting - Saturday, September 16, 2017 10a-4p Hermitage Library, 3700 James Kay Lane, Hermitage, TN 37076 Speaker: Dr. Theoharides, MD
- • Brain Fires in Autism: Mast Cells, Microglia and Brain Inflammation - Hilton Orange County Hotel in Costa Mesa, BELIEVE room 2 – 8:00AM October 2017.
- • Stress, Brain Inflammation and Brain Fog in Autism - Hilton Orange County Hotel in Costa Mesa, BELIEVE room 2 – 8:00AM October 2017
- • Bari (Italy), 2nd European Conference of Biomedical Research and Treatments of Autism - Mast cell-microglia connection leading to focal inflammation of the brain in autism Saturday @ 15.40 - Brochure (PDF) November 2017
- • Queen Mary University of London, 15:30-15:30-Regulatory systems pathway from stress to disease and possible parallels to periodontal disease Email: firstname.lastname@example.org November 2017
- • Queen Mary University of London, 15:30-16:00-Interventions on the immune regulatory systems Email: email@example.com November 2017
- • Conway Hall, London, 10:00 am, Brain Fires in Autism: Mast Cells, Microglia and Inflammation of the Brain December 2017
- • Conway Hall, London, 10:00 am, Role of Mast Cells in Inflammatory Diseases December 2017
EAAACI=European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
ILADS=International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society
MAPS=Medical Academy of Pediatrics Se-0pcial Needs
NCIMS=North Carolina Integrative Medical Society
TARF=The Autism Research Foundation
TACA=Think About Curing Autism
ILADS=International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society
How to Explain Autism to Children
Creating the Ultimate Sensory Room for Your Toddler
Top Safety Tips and Products for Kids With Autism
How to Stop Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) from Wandering
How Nutrition Impacts Children With Autism
12 Popular Games Adapted for Children with Autism
18 Social Skills Activities for Kids with Autism and Sensory Issues
Home of the Low Histamine Chef - Jasmina Ykelenstam
T.C. Theoharides Ph.D., M.D.
All Rights Reserved