For More Scientific Information on NeuroProtek:
Double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over study for the treatment of remitting-relapsing multiple sclerosis. (Principal Investigator: T.C. Theoharides, Ph.D., M.D, Co-PI: S.L. Hauser, M.D. Site: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA).
Double-blind, placebo-controlled, study for the treatment of interstitial cystitis. (Principal Investigator: T.C. Theoharides, Ph.D., M.D, Co-PI: G.R. Sant, M.D. Site: Clinical Research Center, New England Med. Center).
Double-blind, placebo-controlled, study for the prevention of migraine headaches. (Principal Investigator: T.C. Theoharides, Ph.D., M.D; co-PI: E. Spierings, M.D., Ph.D. Site: Boston, Clinical Research Center, Newton, MA-2004).
Single-blind, open label study of the effect of a flavonoid formulation on niacin-induced flush. (Principal Investigator: T.C. Theoharides, Ph.D., M.D., Co-I: Dimitris Kalogeromitros, Ph.D., M.D. Site: Attikon Hospital, Athens, Greece-2008).
Single-blind, open label study of the effect of a flavonoid formulation, CystoProtek, on interstitial cystitis. (Principal Investigator: T.C. Theoharides, Ph.D., M.D., Co-I: Grannum R. Sant, M.D. Site: Multiple throughout the USA-2008).
Single-blind, open label study of the effect of a flavonoid formulation on niacin-induced flush. (Principal Investigator: T.C. Theoharides, Ph.D., M.D., Co-I: Dimitris Kalogeromitros, Ph.D., M.D. Site: Attikon General Hospital, Athens, Greece-2009).
Open label study of biomarkers in young children with autism. (Principal Investigator: T.C. Theoharides, Ph.D., M.D., Co-Is: Dimitris Kalogeromitros, Ph.D., M.D., Konstantinos Francis, M.D. Site: Attikon General Hospital, Athens, Greece-2009).
Open label study of tolerability and effectiveness of NeuroProtekÒ in autistic children (Principal Investigator: Prof. L. Lykouras . site: Second Department of Psychiatry, Attikon Hospital Athens, Greece-2011)
Double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over study of a flavonoid formulation for the treatment of autism. (Principal Investigator: T.C. Theoharides, Ph.D., M.D, Co-PI: Isaac Melamed, M.D. Site:IMMUNOe, Centennial, CO).
Questions & Answers
Q: There are references in Dr Theo's work to Neuroprotek being a liposomal formulation with the olive kernel oil. My understanding of liposomal formulations such as the various lipo-C and lipo-glutathione supplements on the market is that means encasing the particles in tiny spheres of phospholipids. Obviously, olive kernel oil is not a phospholipid. Is there something I'm missing? Or is calling neuroprotek a liposomal formulation just a "loose" description? See for instance, the wikipedia page on liposomes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liposome. I wonder what Dr Theo's take is?
A: Olive kernel oil contains many lipids, including phospholipids. Any time you add energy to an oil it assumes the least energy configuration which is a sphere. The more energy you provide, the smaller the microspheres. During this process, the microspheres encapsulate the solutes, in this case the flavonoids. NeuroProtex is prepared by mixing the ingredients with olive kernel oil using a proprietary procedure. Even though the word liposome was originally coined to mean use of synthetic phospholipids, it is used for any type of liposomamal preparation. If the term microsphere is preferable for the public, we can use this instead.
Autism Parenting Presentation
September 9, 2021
Autism Parenting Magazine is pleased to host Theoharis C. Theoharides, MS, MPhil, PhD, MD, FAAAAI, Professor of Pharmacology and Internal Medicine, Director of Molecular Immunopharmacology and Drug Discovery Department of Immunology, Tufts University School of Medicine,
- • Australia Autism Lecture (April 24, 2015; Melbourne, Australia)
- • Boston Conservatory of Music (May 5, 2015; Boston, MA)
- • Autism Education Summit (September 26, 2015; Dallas, TX)
- • National Autism Association (October 15, 2015; St. Pete, FL)
- • Autism Research Institute (December 5, 2015; Boston, MA, 2015)
- • Cyprus Pediatric Association (February 14, 2016; Nicosia, CY)
- • TARF Think Tank (February 19, 2016; Boston, MA)
- • NCIMS (February 27, 2016;Greenboro, NC)
- • TACA Massachusetts (March 12, 2016; Watertown MA)
- • 11th PanHellenic Conference on Allergy & Clinical Immunology (April 16, 2016; Athens, Greece)
- • TACA Webinar (April 25, 2016; 1 pm)
- • All Childrens Hospital (April 1, 2016; St. Pete, FL)
- • TACA Philadelphia (May 7, 2016; Philadelphia, PA)
- • Autism One (May 27, 2016; Chicago, IL)
- • Autism One Think Tank (May 28, 2016; Chicago, IL)
- • EAAACI (June 7-11, 2017; Vienna, Austria)
- • Old North State Medical Society (June 23-25, 2016; Raleigh, NC)
- • FASEB Summer Research Conference in the long-running Neuroimmunology series entitled "Translational Neuroimmunology: From Mechanisms to Therapeutics" (July 24-29, 2016; Big Sky, MT)
- • 11th Annual USAAA World Autism and Asperger Conference (August 29, 2016; Louisville, KY)
- • MAPS Conference (September 9, 2016; Atlanta, GA)
- • The Mastocytosis Society (September 15-17, 2016; Orlando, FL)
- • International College of Geriatric Psychoneuropharmacology (ICGP) (October 7, 2016; Athens, Greece)
- • TACA National Conference (October 22, 2016; Costa Mesa, CA)
- • ILADS Annual meeting (November 4, 2016; Philadelphia, PA)
- • 37th UMEMPS (Union of Middle-Eastern and Mediterranean Pediatric Societies-Cyprus Pediatric Society (November 6, 2016; Limassol, Cyprus)
- • 1st International Conference on Autism (November 22, 2016; Paphos, Cyprus)
- • Nashville Support Group Meeting - Saturday, September 16, 2017 10a-4p Hermitage Library, 3700 James Kay Lane, Hermitage, TN 37076 Speaker: Dr. Theoharides, MD
- • Brain Fires in Autism: Mast Cells, Microglia and Brain Inflammation - Hilton Orange County Hotel in Costa Mesa, BELIEVE room 2 – 8:00AM October 2017.
- • Stress, Brain Inflammation and Brain Fog in Autism - Hilton Orange County Hotel in Costa Mesa, BELIEVE room 2 – 8:00AM October 2017
- • Bari (Italy), 2nd European Conference of Biomedical Research and Treatments of Autism - Mast cell-microglia connection leading to focal inflammation of the brain in autism Saturday @ 15.40 - Brochure (PDF) November 2017
- • Queen Mary University of London, 15:30-15:30-Regulatory systems pathway from stress to disease and possible parallels to periodontal disease Email: firstname.lastname@example.org November 2017
- • Queen Mary University of London, 15:30-16:00-Interventions on the immune regulatory systems Email: email@example.com November 2017
- • Conway Hall, London, 10:00 am, Brain Fires in Autism: Mast Cells, Microglia and Inflammation of the Brain December 2017
- • Conway Hall, London, 10:00 am, Role of Mast Cells in Inflammatory Diseases December 2017
EAAACI=European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
ILADS=International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society
MAPS=Medical Academy of Pediatrics Se-0pcial Needs
NCIMS=North Carolina Integrative Medical Society
TARF=The Autism Research Foundation
TACA=Think About Curing Autism
ILADS=International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society
How to Explain Autism to Children
Creating the Ultimate Sensory Room for Your Toddler
Top Safety Tips and Products for Kids With Autism
How to Stop Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) from Wandering
How Nutrition Impacts Children With Autism
12 Popular Games Adapted for Children with Autism
18 Social Skills Activities for Kids with Autism and Sensory Issues
Home of the Low Histamine Chef - Jasmina Ykelenstam
Neuroprotek® is available at the following sites:
T.C. Theoharides Ph.D., M.D.
All Rights Reserved